Tuesday, June 30, 2009

But, soft! Who comes this way?



I have been done for parking without showing a permit, which I possess. Rats! Co-incidence? I think not.

And rats too, to our weather! The reason for the sea frets which grip this region of north east England have been explained to me. Something to do with cold water and warm air. Or vice versa. The result is whilst the rest of the country swelters we are gripped by a blanket of clammy mist, at its worst like low cloud, soaking into everything it touches.

Hardest to bear are the cheerful voices on the media giving daily advice on how to "stay cool" and protect oneself from "the harmful rays of the sun"! Fat chance!

More soon on the daily round of Battlefield the Beautiful.

UPDATE AUGUST: I got let off (just this once).

No comments: