Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Guys to go




A break in the rain and I made my way to Battlefield a.k.a. City Stadium to snap a few more pictures before the wind and rain strip the trees of their colour. Busy. The path a flow of  people, mostly young and I assume students, with a few oldies like me joining them. The sun shone. The ingredients all there. How amazing the place looks now!

Then I came on a green Land Rover parked up and two guys running a pop-up coffee (and more) stop, Zees Beans. George and Zak. They couldn't escape and so had me to bore them half to death with stories about this green space I have seen grow from benighted 'threatening' No Person's Land to what is now a lovely haven for us locals, visitor's and wildlife. They put up with me as I talked non stop and guzzled a very nice and strong coffee. Over on the stadium, the set of up for the fireworks was under way.

Later: I came to watch the first fireworks. Huge crowds, all friendly types. Then there was Zees Beans, busy with a queue of customers. Good luck. It's what is making this part of the city thrive, people with imagination. So many good developments in this past couple of years and, for me, a lot of potential still.

Part One of a photographic essay is here (Off site link)


No comments: