Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wet and wild

It's July. It's raining. What's new?

Still, let us look on the bright side if only metaphorically.

Having felled a large number of trees – almost certainly too many trees, – to make a cycle way over Battlefield the Beautiful, the Council turned up and rolled out a wild flower carpet ...

October 2015. Wild flower turf.

I expect to be believed when I say I admire the (mostly defunct) Environment (Parks and Gardens) Division of the Council. Believers to a man and woman they always seemed to me to be on the side of the angels. Yet, here I thought this a long shot. "All to be mud and bare soil soon" I thought grimly.

"Needs less maintenance" one gardener explained to me.

Happily, I was wrong. What a triumph!


More here: (Off site link)

No comments: