I welcome developments which will enhance the area and actively progress what the successful regeneration projects have achieved thus far. But any future developments must not detract from these achievements if maximum long term utilisation of this historic district is to be assured.
Until a clearer and transparent description of the proposal is forthcoming I wish to register my opposition to this scheme on the following grounds.
1. Preserving the gains made by various parties to the historic character of the Lower Ouseburn which this proposed development will abut.
2. Unknown design and build considerations. Until a firm description of the size, build quality and landscaping can be obtained the scheme is an unknown quantity.
3. Unknown impacts on the local environment including open green space. Potential impacts on the visual quality of the historic Ouseburn area.
4. Traffic management issues on approach roads.
5. Long term issues for living and working in the Ouseburn – South Jesmond district. Determining and meeting long term objectives for the district."